Popular Posts

Solange Knowles Shaves Her Head

Solange Knowles Shaves Her HeadSolange Knowles shows off her newly shaved head while picking up her son Daniel, aka Julez, from school in Los Angeles on Thursday (July 23).

The 23-year-old younger sister of Beyonce Knowles took to her Twitter to defend her newly shorn look. Solange said, “Listen, if I wanted to make a statement, I would have twitpic’d (uploaded pictures). I was simply taking my son to school. Stupid paps took pic. I’ve had my hair cut like this for two weeks. I was not inspired by anyone but myself. I have done this twice in my life. I was 16. I was 18. Did not care about your opinion then. Don’t care now. Don’t need your attention. I am #3 trending topic [on Twitter] before IRAN and some of you can’t even locate it on a map. It’s sad. I just wanted to be free from the bondage that black women sometimes put on themselves with hair. I’m not mad at all of you that have made your opinions know and have sent negative energy my way. I expected this of you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment